# File Lock WebDAV only
File Lock Addon is required.
File lock support equipment
Some WebDAV servers do not support File Lock. Below is a list of supported servers.
- Synology : DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 1
- QNAP : QTS 4.3.4.0695
It may behave differently depending on the server manufacturer or server version.
- After checking File Lock, enter the server address, port number, user ID and password, and click OK button.
- When the drive connection is completed, File Lock icon will be displayed.
If you connect to a server that does not support File Lock, File Lock option is displayed with Italic and the checkbox is automatically unchecked.
- You can open and edit the file.
- When another user opens the file which you are editing, the file cannot be edited or saved.
A notification popup appears only to users who have subscribed to the File Lock feature.
It depends on the functionality of application.